Tuesday, April 3, 2007

We're Home!





So it has taken me five days to get these pictures from Florida on the blog but we came home and I was too relaxed to do much of anything. I am just now getting back into the swing of things. We had a wonderful time in Florida, I don't remember the last time I was that relaxed. Our experiences at the airport were kind of a nightmare (our flight in Chicago was delayed for 2 hours going to Florida and then we stood in line for 1 1/2 hours in Florida trying to come home!) But other than that the entire trip was great. We stayed at this beachfront hotel that had a pool right next to the beach so Nate could play in the ocean while I lounged by the pool (I was going nowhere near the many jellyfish on the beach). We hit up a few local restaurants and Nathan discovered that he LOVES Florida orange juice (I think he would move there just so he could have a glass everyday). We decided one night that we would go to see a movie, so which one did my husband choose? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I love the five year old in him, it actually was pretty good. Our last night there we went to this great tex-mex restaurant, I don't think they had ever seen anyone so excited for chips and salsa (did I mention that this baby is part mexican?) After all was said and done it was just really nice to spend time with Nathan, kind of like the exotic honeymoon we never had. Also, I wanted to pass on this little tidbit. Since I actually had free time I got to read the first two books in the Great and Terrible series by Chris Stewart and they were wonderful. I gained this whole new perspective on our premortal existence and what we are here for. Thank you to my mother-in-law for recommending the series to me, if you get the chance to read it, I would. So now we are back and I have started counting down the days until school is over. Hopefully it will go by really quickly :)

6 comments:

Debbie Bond said...

Michele. You and Nate are just too cute. I am so glad you had a good time and I am really glad you are home. I missed you very much. We only have 48 days of school left and that will go very quickly. Summer school will be a breeze and won't it be fun to see me everyday. Love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles huh? Gotta love my brother! Glad you had fun in FL. Bet it was nice to relax. I'm countin' down the days to Hawaii!!! No kids, just us. A well deserved break I think.

Love ya, Bren

Kim said...

Okay, so.....TMNT??? You actually went for that. JUST SAY NO!!!! Kidding. Umm, so I want a vacation! Everyone is going on Holiday!!! I guess I have no room to talk, I just got back from a year long Europe holiday :) And what's next? Africa and Egypt!! Next year my friend! So guess what?? I start beauty school soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

It looks like you had fun...sorry to use the blog for business purposes but can you email me your address for baby announcements...I am trying to get everything together before this little one gets here! tinkbell5@msn.com thanks! Oh and can you send me Matt and Courtney (sp?) too! Thanks so much!

Susie said...

Looks like you had a great time- I'm all for vacations, unfortunately ours this year will be baby and wedding! Soon school will be over and you can vacation all summer!

Kim said...

Peyton's site is : www.peytonnicole.blogspot.com

Jenny's is: www.atwoodsadventures.blogspot.com
Jen has only done a couple on her thing. And since I do Peyton's it pretty much........well what can I say? Looks like it's been done by a pro....;)