Thursday, April 12, 2007

I need Help!!

Ok, I am appealing to all my beautiful and experienced cousins, aunts, and sisters-in-law for some help. Evidently, that lovely pregnant "glow" that we get is caused by excess oil in your skin. Unfortunately, this excess oil has led to my skin breaking out like a 15 year old boy! I have no idea what to do! I wash my face constantly, I haven't worn makeup in weeks, and I don't use mosturizer anymore but still my face is covered in pimples. Does anyone know any good skin care products? I am desperate and willing to try anything! I would appreciate any advice you all could give. Thanks a ton...

7 comments:

Kim said...

although I am your FAVORITE DEVLIN sister-in- law....I must say this pregnancy stuff is something that I just can't help you with..........EXCEPT FOR WHEN IT COMES TO HOT TUBS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Debbie Bond said...

shell-bell - you are so smart to ask our extended family because I have not idea what to tell you. Do you think having a facial would help?? I know you are desperate so let me know.

Anonymous said...

Now you know what its like to be a teenage boy
-Matt

Mandy said...

Unfortunately there is not much you can do!!! The good news is that the breaking out is usually just for a little bit and then your skin will clear up. You probably just have another 1-2 weeks and then it will clear up! I use clinique, and I love it. They have a new lotion for oily skin that really helps. Hang in there...there is more body altering things that lie ahead!!!

Cortney said...

hey michele!
fortunatley i never broke out too bad while i was pregnant, but afterwards i did a little. i used clinique and it works really good. matt used it too and it helps him too! i don't know anything for sure though. sorry! by the way did you get my message?

Chelsea said...

even when you break out you still should use a gel moisturizer because it will protect your skin. if your skin gets irritated with no moisturizers you can get even more splotchy! try clinique gel, or my favorite is dermalogica active moist

Anonymous said...

Welcome to pregnancy! The things we go through to bring little ones to the world. =0) Even though I've had 3 and one is just 22 mths, I don't remember breaking out badly. When I did I just let it go through it's motions.
But Heather came by a product that has started clearing up in 2 days it's called EFFACLAR K. Here is a website www.laroche-possay.com. She said it was $28/bottle, but she really likes it. You could try that.
--Bren