Wednesday, April 11, 2007

WHAT?!?!

We woke up today to find four inches of snow on the ground! I had to take a picture just to make sure it was real and, of course, I wanted to share my pain with all of you... So here is the view outside our patio (do you all feel sufficiently bad for us now?)

Easter weekend was great. Mom made a killer dinner and I ate enough cheesy potatoes to fill up three pregnant women! We watched the movie Lamb of God with our Young Women and I was bawling by the end of it, nothing nearly creative as Aunt Susie's lessons but the spirit was there and I think a lot of our girls really needed it. I think I have forgotten how difficult it is to grow up in a place where nobody shares your beliefs. I admire my girls for staying strong and standing up for their values.
On a lighter note, I enjoyed reading all about everybody's easter celebrations, I can't wait to have kids so I can experience holidays with them. Nathan suprised me with an easter basket so now we have a TON of candy sitting in our apartment. It was really sweet of him to remember, considering I totally forgot!
A Happy Birthday shout out to Chelsea, I loved reading 100 things about Chelsea. I would just like to set the record straight and let everyone know that I was completely justified in calling the cops! My wonderful cousin chose to wake me and my roommates up at 4:00am by banging a broom on our window! We were scared to death, you should have seen us all huddled in the middle of the apartment calling 911. I don't think I talked to Chelsea for a week after that!
We are keeping Mandy in our prayers, I will send all my good thoughts to Kentucky. I can't imagine being so close to having a baby and just having to wait (I guess I will find out in 6 months!) Please keep us posted on any progress, we want to know when the newest member of the family joins the world!
One last thing, congrats to mom for losing another 3lbs this week. She is doing so well, I'm glad she has made the decision to be healthy. She is an inspiration to all!

3 comments:

Debbie Bond said...

Honey girl. You are the best. I love you Mom

Kim said...

wow.......psh, well it was about 87 today....I'm startin' to get a bloody good tan!!!!

Susie said...

72 yesterday, 70 today- what more can I say?!