Tuesday, April 17, 2007

20 things I wish for our child...

So I was writing in my baby journal today (I got this journal to keep track of all the eventful things that happen in pregnancy) and I got to a part that asked what my hopes and dreams were for our new baby. I thought I would share with you all my top 20 wishes for our new baby and see if you guys had anything to add that I didn't think of. So here goes (by the way, we have no idea what we are having but I will refer to the baby as a she to make everything easier), I wish for my child...
1. To feel like she belongs.
2. To know that her entire family (both Devlins and Bonds) love her unconditionally.
3. To have life long friends. As I look back on life I often think how nice it would be to have a friend who shared the journey.
4. To know that her Heavenly Father loves her and that her elder brother Jesus Christ gave her the greatest gift ever given because he cares about her, personally.
5. To have a love of books. "My life has been lived among two different worlds, the real world and the fantasy world that I found in my books".
6. To learn to be a good mother, wife, and scholar. It truly is a unique talent to master all three (I certainly haven't).
7. To marry a righteous and loving person in the temple.
8. To have the self confidence to do whatever she puts her mind to.
9. To make the right decisions,not because she is afraid of the consequences, but because she understands the happiness that is found in being a virtuous person.
10. To have her father's metabolism, so she can eat whatever she wants and stay as skinny as he is!
11. To be a better person than her ancestors, each generation should improve upon the last one.
12. And, to look up to her ancestors, I want her to know how amazing the people were that came before her.
13. To know that being liked by the opposite sex is not the most important thing in the world, I don't think Ghandi had many girlfriends!
14. To remember that having good friends is more important than having a lot of friends. Popularity is a game we play where nobody is the winner.
15. To keep her eyes on the path ahead but to also stop and smell the roses from time to time.
16. To graduate from BYU just like her mom and dad.
17. To know that being a teenager stinks but it is something we all go through and most everybody makes it through to the other side without too many permanant scars.
18. To have a sibling that she can share secrets with (like my mom, marcia, and susan do). I never really got that and I think I am missing out on something.
19. To not hold grudges but to easily forgive others and hope that they will forgive her.
20. To live a life that makes her worthy of returning to live with her Heavenly Father again.
Sorry to get all dramatic and emotional on you guys, the boys will probably make fun of my crazy thoughts! I mostly wish that my child will learn from my mistakes and not have to got through any of her own! Hope you liked the list... maybe one day I will actually show it to our child! We have another doctor's appointment tommorow, I have no idea what they are going to do but maybe we will end up with some ultrasound pictures to post on the blog. Love and kisses to all, we think about you all constantly and miss you more!

2 comments:

Debbie Bond said...

Your list is perfect and I can not think of anything else to add - oh maybe I can - My wish for your child is to never know jealously because she (or he) is loved unconditionally by Heavenly Father. Also I might include that she (or he) love Michigan football and shed a tear when the Michigan Band plays the Victors. Outside of that the list is perfect. And by the way, growing up with Marcia and Susan was no picnic!!! I like them much better know that they have gotten older and are now giving me the respect that I deserve.

Debbie Bond said...

Kyle has a blog now. Check it out. It is linked to Cort's blog.