Friday, March 23, 2007

Preparing for Florida

Well, Spring Break is finally here!! I decided to go over to Mom's school after my school got out for the day (I wanted to make sure she wasn't still sick). I had the good fortune to arrive about half way through the 3rd and 4th grade Talent Show. Let's just say the highlight of the entire program was the jump roper and the bagpipe player, I didn't exactly see any future American Idol contestants in the group... but at least mom and I had a good laugh. Is it terrible of us to laugh at 9 & 10 year olds? I'm sure I was in at least one or two bad productions of my own at that age. I seem to recall all of us girl cousins somehow convincing Matt to be the boy part in all our silly plays. How sad were Chelsea and I the year that Mandy and Matt said they were too old to do plays with us. And the year we tried to do the Christmas story with Mackenzie playing baby Jesus but she wouldn't stop crying so we had to substitute her with some doll (it just wasn't the same). I think that the older I get the more I miss all those family get togethers. It will be really fun to have all the girls together again at Whitney's wedding. How far have we all come from the giggling girls that used to skinny dip in Aunt Marcia's pool, now we are all going to college, getting married, and having babies! Well, enough waxing nostalgic- Nate and I leave for Ft. Lauderdale in three days and I still have SO much to do. My house has been suffering from my lack of energy (love this pregnancy thing) so I need to do some major spring cleaning. I still haven't packed anything- in fact I haven't even tried on any of my summer clothes, who knows if they even fit anymore? Oh well, maybe I will get a shopping spree out of it! The forecast is for scattered thunderstorms on Tues. and Wed.- is it wrong to pray for sunshine? I really don't even care, I just want to sleep in with my husband for five days straight and not have it be 40 deg. outside. I am sure we will be posting lots of fun pictures after we get back so stay tuned for pictures of my lobster tan...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey Michele- hopefully you check this before you go...BE VERY CAREFUL, in the sun while you are pregnant...You burn way easier. It only takes about 2o minutes of sitting outside and my legs will be a little red! So put lots of extra sunscreen on. And relax...I am sure you will still fit into all your clothes...If some are tight, skirts are the best I can still wear all my regular skirts right now (at the very end!!!) I didn't have to wear maternity clothes until about 20-22 weeks, but everyone is totally different! Maternity clothes are really fun for about 3 months and then you just want to fit back into your regular clothes! But I love getting a new wardrobe! Have fun in FL! Get lots of sleep, you will need it!

Chelsea said...

michele- my email is
chelseakanderson@hotmail.com