Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Rodeo

Mom and Lincoln at the Miss Clovis Rodeo Pageant
Miss Clovis Rodeo
Enjoying the parade (and the fingers)


Dad and Lincoln enjoying the parade

We went to the Clovis Rodeo Parade this weekend and had a great time (the Clovis Rodeo is one of the largest in the US). We took Lincoln, thinking he would love the horses but he could have cared less- he loved all the firetrucks that made loud noises! I guess he will fit right in with his two fireman uncles! Personally, I liked going to the Miss Clovis Rodeo Pageant- who would have thought you could have a beauty pageant on horses?? I made sure to tell Nathan at least a dozen times that I would like to live on a ranch and have one horse for every member of our family- can you say 4H club??
Also, today is Lincoln's seven month birthday, I feel like the months go by so quickly now. He is officially crawling and is so close to being able to pull himself up. Still no teeth. Growing well though, he last weighed in at 19lb 2oz and 27inches long. He is getting cuter and cuter everyday and cannot wait to see his cousins next weekend- Utah, here we come!!

3 comments:

Debbie Bond said...

Lincoln is just a doll. I can not wait to have him come to Chicago for an All American 4th of July. If he likes fireworks, he will love the Vernon Hills Show. I am counting the days until you visit.

Kim said...

Do you know the name of that girl that got Miss Clovis Rodeo...I sware I know her and went to school with her..she looks sooooo familiar!

Susie said...

I love the rodeo- you just can't let him go mutton busting!