Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Half Birthday!



We have made it to Lincoln's six month birthday! Sometimes I felt like we would never get here but now I look at how much my little boy has grown up and I want to go back to the beginning (alright, I'm suffering from a little amnesia when it comes to Lincoln's first four months of life) I think God purposefully makes us forget about what babies are like so that we will continue to have more children (he also does this with labor and delivery). So here we are and what an eventful month we have had. Lincoln has all of a sudden grown up very fast and it seems like everyday he does new things. So here is six month old Lincoln in a nutshell:
1. Lincoln finally sleeps through the night, usually from 8:30p-7:00a, unless there is some sort of sickness or teething (and to be honest, I can't really tell the difference between the two)
2. Lincoln can also put himself to sleep (HOORAH) which means no more endless hours of rocking him until he was passed out- now it's read a book, sing a song, and off to la la land (with minimal crying)
3. Lincoln still loves every single piece of food you put into his mouth. He has yet to show any aversions to fruits or veggies and/or anything that Papa Devlin pops in his mouth when mom isn't looking.
4. Lincoln is doing a little better at entertaining himself but often gets bored after about 10 min. and wants to move on to the next thing (usually pulling mom's hair)
5. No matter how many fun and exciting toys Lincoln has in front of him, he always wants what Mom has, whether that is keys, a cell phone, or the remote. I have seriously contemplated buying him one of each of these just so he'll stop bugging me!!
6. Lincoln is almost crawling. He gets up on all fours and can scoot backwards but has yet to go forwards. Sometimes I'll put him down in one place and come back to find him across the room! He has also started doing little baby pushups, if we put him on his tummy he gets up on his hands and toes so he is in pushup position. I've tried to tell him that football tryouts aren't for another 10 years!!
7. And finally, Lincoln is such a joy to have around. We fall more and more in love with him everyday that he is in our lives. Here is to many more birthdays with our beautiful little boy!

3 comments:

Debbie Bond said...

Cort and I think Lincoln is almost the cutest baby in the whole world.~~~ I know it has been a long 6 months, but it is all behind you and there is only joy from know on!!!

Jen said...

What a cute little boy! Time really does fly by. That was a quick 6 months.

The Stokes said...

It's so fun to be by this little bundle of joy. I love it when he looks and me and smiles. Too fun, too cute!