Sunday, November 4, 2007

Lincoln's Blessing and Halloween

First, an apology to my aunts for not posting these pictures earlier. We have had an interesting few weeks, we found out Lincoln is lactose intolerant and also has acid reflux so we have been struggling through several days and nights of unconsolable crying. After a few days of medication I am happy to report that Lincoln is doing a lot better although we still have to visit the doctor to cure the painful gas pains that are causing him to wake up 40 minutes into every nap he takes but one problem at a time... We haven't even begun to address the fact that he still won't sleep in his crib. Why doesn't God give us babies at 6 months old? I think this is another one of those times in my life where God is trying to teach me to have patience (not one of my strong suits).
So we had most of Nathan's family here for Lincoln's blessing on October 28th. It was so fun to get our families together. We went to dinner at Portillo's on Friday night (a Bond family favorite) and then to Lou Malnotti's Pizza on Saturday. My mother, being the kind and wonderful person that she is, made an entire Thanksgiving meal on Sunday for both our families and some of our friends. I know she spent the entire night in the kitchen but the food was great and it was nice to have a Thanksgiving with all the people we can't spend the holiday with this year.

Us and the Grandparents

The Whole Family (ignore the weird face I am making!)

Lincoln with Mom and Dad- yes he is screaming his head off luckily he was quiet during his blessing

The family at the Jelly Belly factory in Wisconsin

Lincoln sleeping peacefully on Uncle Brian

Also, we owe a big THANKS to Nathan's parents for Lincoln's awesome swing. It is now the only thing (besides us) that he sleeps in.

Lincoln also had a very exciting First Halloween. Although he did not have a costume he did have a very cute Halloween outfit. Check it out...

He also got to go to Grandma Bond's school for the annual Halloween Parade. Grandma was a fifties girl...

That's all for now, I will try to find some time later to update everyone again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have painful gas pains too
-Matt

Kim said...

agh!!! I want to see him so bad! I just want to pinch his little cheeks!!! He is soooo freakin' cute. Tell him his favorite Auntie will be there soon!!!!!

Susie said...

Great pictures, thanks for getting them up. It sounds like it was a wonderful blessing and how special that Nate's family made the trip. Tell your mom her outfit is absolutely darling and where did she get it???

Jen said...

He is such a cute little guy! We had so much fun on our trip. We are so glad we could be there for his blessing. The dinner your mom made was WONDERFUL!

lacey said...

I too have babies that never like their crib (and cry endlessly). It is a mild form of torture I think :) I wonder how did I live through those moments? I think if I added up all the hours of crying it would equal at least 2 years- and it has gone by. I decided the baby years have not been a grand highlight, I'm hoping that I got my hard dose early to spare me through the teens.
ps- I think you look great. And Lincoln is really a handsome little guy.