Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ode to our Two-Week Old


Our child has officially been in our lives for 16 days and for those of you who don't get to spend every waking moment with the cutest baby in the world I thought I would update you on Lincoln's life so far.

Lincoln...
...LOVES his hands. They have to be on or near his face at all times and his mom is dying for him to gain enough control over them to actually keep his thumb in his mouth. He yells at us every time we try to swaddle his hands in a blanket.

...does not like his crib, at least not yet, leaving his parents to wonder why they bought it in the first place

...is a pooping machine. In fact, we have yet to change a diaper that does not have poop in it


...becomes more of a red head everyday, I am convinced that this is payback for all the jokes we made about having a red headed baby during my pregnancy.

...is gaining weight like a champ. At his last weigh in he was 9lb 8oz.

...is the laziest eater ever, it sometimes takes 45 minutes to get 20 minutes of food in him, wonder where he gets his laid back attitude from?? (DAD)


...doesn't like to sleep, much to the chagrin of his mom and dad

...thinks his mom and dad are crazy, especially when they drag him to the pediatrician to be told that he is a very healthy baby, he just cries like a normal baby. And here we were thinking we got a baby that doesn't cry! Dad's response to Lincoln crying- "Wow, that's really loud!"

So our baby boy is doing well, he is healthy and (generally) happy. I'll post more pictures later.

9 comments:

The Stokes said...

He is so cute. I'm glad you posted pics I was wondering what he looked liked. Can't wait to see him in person in a week from this Friday. Woohoo! Still can't decide who he looks like though.

Holly D. said...

What a sweetheart. I had to laugh about Nate's reaction to Lincoln crying. I can totally hear him say that. I still think Lincoln looks 100% like Michele's family.

Melissa and Chad said...

He is so sweet! I am sorry he gives you trouble. You wouldn't give him back though would you? Have fun!

Christa said...

He is so adorable! Goodness, i think he must be a combo boy because i cannot say he is all Devlin!

Debbie Bond said...

Even though I get to see him on a regular basis, I still love looking at pictures of him. He truely is the cutest baby ever - sorry all you other mom's out there with cute babies, but I am the grandma and I get to say that!!! This weekend is his blessing and I can not wait.

Susie said...

Cute pictures! He looks so old already- and I can't tell who he looks like, but definitely it's looking like red hair!!!

Chelsea said...

i wanted to make it out for the blessing but we are celebrating dans birthday today! i need your email address!

Susie said...

I thought I'd get on and see pictures of the blessing- what are you, busy??!! Hope he's doing great and like Grandma Waalkes would say- you show him who's the boss!

Kim said...

I'm so sad I have not gotten to see him yet!! Hopefully New Years and if not then, I am coming to Chicago soon....no questions asked!! I miss you guys!!