Wednesday, March 3, 2010

DISNEYLAND!!

We took Lincoln to Disneyland this weekend and it was such an awesome experience! I didn't know if Lincoln would even like the park but he loved almost every second of our time there and it was so much fun to see how excited he was. None of it would have been possible without my wonderful Aunt Marcia who not only housed our family and our friends the Berretts for two nights, but also watched Reagan ALL day so that we could enjoy Disneyland without a baby in tow. A million thank yous would not be enough to explain how grateful we are to her.

Anyone who knows me knows how crazy I get with planning things, and our trip to Disneyland was no exception. I think I spent three weeks online looking for tips and suggestions for taking toddlers to Disneyland. I even found a software that will plan out your entire day so that you don't have to wait for longer than 20 minutes in any ride (totally worth it, if you are going to Disneyland any time soon think about getting RIDEMAX). So everyone thought I was a little psycho when I dragged all seven of us out of bed at 6:30am so we could be at the park by 7:20am and walking through the gates as soon as they opened. I'm sure people thought we had lost it when they saw Carroll and I running down mainstreet with two giant strollers but we were at Dumbo by 8:05am and we walked right on (the rest of the day, the line for Dumbo was at least 45min.) The rest of the day went so smoothly- we rode everything we wanted to ride, had good seats for the parade, and even had an hour and half to go back to Marcia's for lunch and relaxing. The kids hung in there with us and stayed up late enough to watch fireworks (my personal favorite). At the end of the day, we just couldn't stop talking about how wonderful everything was, definately my best day at Disney ever!

Riding Dumbo- he wouldn't let us go down at all, he only wanted to fly as high as it would go

Meeting Mickey for the first time

Had to stop and climb on the firetruck at ToonTown

On the caroussel- his favorite ride

At Tarzan's Treehouse

Jungle Cruise

Autopia- his second favorite ride. Nate said the whole time he kept saying, "Daddy, I driving"


The teacups- Nate was getting sick but Lincoln kept wanting to go faster

It was such a great day, we had so much fun with the Berretts, it would not have been the same without them there. Now to plan our next family trip together, I'm pushing for Hawaii...

3 comments:

B Berrett said...

I am so there! This time our family can host all of us! We had such a great time with you guys as well! Thanks for being such amazing friends!

Debbie Bond said...

you are so cute!!!! I love your planning for your trip. You remind me so much of your dad!! Can't wait to see you all soon. I will not be bring Mickey but will be coming with Grandpa if that counts.

Lauren said...

Sounds like SO much fun! How fun for you guys :) Hopefully we'll get things figured out soon enough that we can go with you next time DisneyLand comes around