Friday, January 15, 2010

Here goes nothing


My wonderful husband is a lover of running. I, on the other hand, can barely run a mile. Yet, a few months after we got married (almost five years ago) we ran a 5k race and a biathalon together and it turned out to be a lot of fun! Who knew? But in the last five years we have moved 9 times to three different states and had two children so, needless to say, running has not been a top priority. With the new year I have been wanting to get in better shape and when a friend told me about the Couch to 5k program it seemed like a match made in heaven. Unfortunately, there are no 5k races near Fresno around the time that I want to run one. And then I stumbled upon the Morro Bay 10k in April. So I think to myself, I can do a 10k (I am not getting a lot of sleep right now so that may have something to do with the crazy idea!) I even found a Couch to 10k program online and here I am in the middle of training! If anyone would like to make a trip to Morro Bay the weekend of April 17th I could sure use a huge cheering section to get through this race. Here's hoping I can make it!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow - good for you! I wish we lived closer. I would be right there to cheer you on - esp. in Morro Bay! Good luck - you can do it! Glad you have internet - it is fun to catch up!

Chelsea said...

I have some friends who used that program and loved it. Good luck!

Debbie Bond said...

way to go honey girl. I know you can do it. Just remember to take your inhaler with you!!!

Kim said...

Wish I was home. Not only would I cheer you on...I would run it WITH you! Good luck!!! Give my niece and nephew a big hug and kiss from Auntie Mimi!!!

Rach said...

Woohoo! I didn't know you lived in Fresno!! We don't live super close...but near San Jose! So...at least in the same state :)
That is so fun! We love it out here! You are going to do awesome! Next step...half marathon! You are on your way!