Thursday, January 10, 2008

Christmas, New Year's, HE CAN ROLL, and, oh yea, we're moving!!

Ok, so I haven't blogged in a long time and so much has happened that this may be a long post, so sit back, relax, and enjoy your update of the Devlin family... The holidays were wonderful, they started with the joyous celebration of Hanukkah I don't think Lincoln enjoyed his mennorah shirt quite as much as we did! Then came Christmas- we spent the day with my parents who showered Lincoln with gifts As you can tell, Lincoln is just overjoyed about all his presents- I don't think he understood what was going on and why all of us kept taking pictures of him. He recieved books and toys from Grandma and Grandpa and, in a true mom moment, I bought him a six pack of socks! I think we enjoyed opening the gifts more than he did but we always have next year to look forward to. A few days after Christmas we jetted off to Utah to spend New Year's with Nate's family. We woke up at 2am on New Year's Eve to be to the airport by 4am for our 5:30am flight (who said flying cheap isn't fun?). Now we have never traveled with a baby before but we had gotten some good advice from others and I thought I had it pretty under control, until we got Phoenix. Since our layover was a couple of hours we went outside the terminal to meet Nate's sister Kim who lives in Phoenix and who we haven't seen in quite awhile. We had a great time catching up and she got to meet her cute nephew but the problem came when we tried to get back through security to get to our flight. We underestimated how much time it would take and only left ourselves about 30min to get to the gate. Well, long story short, our line took FOREVER, I almost punched the lady behind us for her snide comments about our predicament, and the funniest part of the whole trip was the site of me sprinting down the hall (I literally started having an asthma attack- that's how out of shape I am), with Lincoln in his carrier, clutching the diaper bag, my purse, and our tickets with 5 minutes until our flight was taking off. Luckily we made it but I don't think we will ever make that mistake again. So we got to Utah and had a great time with the family. It was so fun to see all our nieces and nephews- they have all gotten so big! We only took one picture the entire trip (sorry- I am not a picture person) but it's a cute one so I'll post it That would be Christa's new sink- I turned around for a minute and Nate put Lincoln in it- it was too cute to not take a picture! We got home from vacation and about three days later, Lincoln rolled over all by himself! Here is the progression in pictures- one of these days we will get a video camera.


Ok- so if you have bravely made it to the end of this post than you will be rewarded with the exciting news that we are moving to Clovis, California on Jan. 30! I don't really know anybody who reads this blog that doesn't already know that but on the off chance... I now have three weeks to pack up our entire apartment (which I will remind you I just did 6 months ago) and move across the country! I'm so overwhelmed right now I don't know which end is up so please keep us in your prayers and we look forward to seeing you all soon...

5 comments:

lacey said...

Hey! For certain I will get to visit with you.... you will be not too far from Sanger. I hope you have your boxes from 6 months ago? Nate's family must be excited to have you moving close. Happy transistion!

Cortney said...

HE IS HUGE!! i hope that we can see you soon, we were planning on seeing you in chicago in march ,but i guess we will have to plan a different trip?!! well hope ya'll are good, and moving really sucks.

Debbie Bond said...

I loved Christmas with you, and we missed you terribly during New years weeks, but that is nothing compared to how much we will miss you when you are gone to California. Just remember your dad and I plan on spending a lot of time visiting, so get a good extra bed.

The Stokes said...

We sure missed out on New Year's and were pretty sad, but I'm glad you guys had fun. Starting with your plane trip...Now that you're moving to CA I'll be able to train you on picture taking. I'm a fanatic. We're very exciting about you guys coming. Trent's anxious for Nate & I got agreat Pedi. for Lincoln. And yeah...we are going to have monthly mom night's out. we are both in need of a night on the town...although it won't be as exciting as CHicago! See ya soon (and good luck moving, wish I could help ya)!

Chelsea said...

You should have called us while you were in Utah so we could meet little Lincoln!