Friday, January 11, 2008

Are you going to have a baby?

Ok, I know that Christa and Greg will hate me for sharing this story but it is just too funny. We got to stay with the Reid's for New Year's, which was a blast, especially getting to see Sydney and Austin. They have gotten so big and absolutely adorable! So the last night that we were in Utah, we were all sitting around and I stood up to walk Lincoln around the room and ended up having an interesting interaction with Sydney. My conversation with Sydney went something like this:
Sydney: Michele- are you going to have a baby? (as she pats my belly)
Michele: No
Sydney: But your stomach is big like my mommy's and she's going to have a baby
Michele: Well, that's just left over from the last baby
Alright, so I get the point, my holiday eating got a little out of hand! I guess my New Year's resolution will be to get on the treadmill a little more often! I love the honesty of children!

5 comments:

The Stokes said...

I can't count how many times I've been asked that...mainly by my eldest thank you very much.

Debbie Bond said...

I must have been the way you were standing, or what you were wearing - that is always my answer when I get questions like that!!! Hang in there - you will get you shape back when your life settles down and you can exericse more. Also living in California will allow you to walk outside with Lincoln - unlike Chicago.

Mrs. Dub said...

no worries - AB in our ward said she was really relieved to find out i'm pregnant because she thought i'd overdone it with christmas goodies.

sad truth - it's a little of both.

i think you fabulous. those bellies just never firm up again, if you ask me. enjoy the jello-like consistency. six-packs are overrated!

Anonymous said...

well.....at least you have the excuse of leftovers from a kid! some of us don't....yes yes, I better shape up before I go to see Syd. Guess I should use those benefits of working at a gym!

Christa said...

Ok, so this is quite embarassing! I cannot believe my child is making blogging headlines!
Michele, i am so sorry. I am need to teach that child some serious etiquette.