Thursday, August 30, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Thanks to my cousin Melissa!

1. Where did I meet my husband?
In Provo, UT at the Hogi Yogi on University Ave.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I don't really remember but probably something really cool like, "where do we keep the mayonnaise?"- he was training me for my new job as a sandwich maker!

3. Where was your first date?
It was a marathon date! He asked me to go to the BYU Blue and White basketball game and said it started at 5:30pm so he picked me up promptly at 5pm. Turns out, the game didn't start until 7pm so we sat in the empty Marriott Center watching warmups and talking. After that he took me for a very nice dinner at Fazoli's (sp?) and then we went back to my apartment and watched DVDs of Alias. I think in total the date was 8 hours long! I knew if we could enjoy each other's company for that long we had something special!

4. Where was your first kiss?
In the hallway outside my apartment after our 4th date. I thought he was going to kiss me earlier at his apartment but he didn't so I was a little bummed but then he walked me to the door and planted one on me!

5. Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
We started dating in October and were engaged by December but weren't married until the following July (thanks to the three month internship that Nathan went on to the Phillipines right after he proposed)- we got married 9 months to the day of our first date.

6. Where did you get engaged?
At the Fresno Temple (isn't it funny that Lacey and I got engaged just a few miles away from each other).

7. Where did you get married?
In the temple in Chicago, IL

8. How did the reception go?
It was HUGE! We had 200 people for a sit down dinner at the Hilton Northbrook. I think Nathan's family was a little scared by how big and formal everything was but it was exactly how I dreamed it would be (sometimes it's nice being the only girl!) A week later we had an open house in Fresno that was beautiful and relaxing! Nate's mom and sisters did a great job!

9. How was the Honeymoon?
Great! We went to downtown Chicago and stayed in a hotel for three days. We ordered in pizza and lounged around all day long, it was so relaxing. Sometimes I wish we could go and do it all over again...

OK, I tag...
My cousin Chelsea and my mother

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love reading everybody's info about their husbands and how they met!

Melissa and Chad said...

Thank was soooo fun to read! I am so excited for your baby to come! It is so soon! Thanks for visiting my blog it is always fun to hear from you!