Tuesday, August 21, 2007

32 Week Baby Bump!


I apologize to everyone for my lack of blogging lately, the past month seems like it has just flown by! We got all moved into our new apartment. It took nearly five days to pack our stuff, paint the new place, move all our stuff into the new place, and then go back to the old place and prime over the walls we so carefully painted only a year ago. After it was all over Nathan and I looked at each other and decided we never want to move again. Too bad we are going to be doing this all over again next summer when Nate begins grad school. One day, when we have lived in the same town for 20 years, I am sure we will look back at this transient time and laugh. Well, as you can see from the picture I am officially getting HUGE! I'm actually 33 weeks along so the picture is a little outdated but I haven't grown that much in a week. We have made a lot of progress in getting ready for the baby to come. Our crib was delivered two weeks ago and it only took Nathan 3 days to get around to putting it together. I think he figured that the longer he stalled the longer he could put off Lincoln actually coming... no such luck! Our stroller also arrived (a big thank you to my aunts and grandma for that amazing gift!). This time Grandpa Bond was given the challenge of putting it together. He did a great job and debriefed Nathan and I on how to use it (you would not believe how many bells and whistles this thing has!) So I am waking up less frequently with panic attacks about the baby coming and not being prepared. Everyone keeps saying that first babies are always overdue but I have a weird feeling that this kid is going to make his grand entrance a little early. Maybe it is my type A personality but I want to have everything washed, built,and settled three weeks before this baby arrives. Considering my baby shower is scheduled 4 weeks before my due date and we don't want to buy anything else until after the shower, I'm not sure I'm going to make my own deadline. Everyone say a little prayer that Lincoln Richard will come on or after his due date, for the sanity of his mother! So I think that is all that has been happening in the Devlin household. As soon as we get the apartment completely finished I will post some pictures of the new place for everyone to see. Until then...

3 comments:

Debbie Bond said...

Michele you are just too cute and I can not wait until Lincoln is here. I have so enjoyed this time with you. Thursday is your 25th birthday and I am so happy you are here and a such a big part of my life.

Susie said...

How exciting! I'm so sorry to be missing the shower, but it'll be awesome. Just relax, Lincoln won't know if everything is finished for him- he'll just want to be held!

Melissa and Chad said...

I was way bigger than you at 32 weeks! Yours is this cute tiny bump/ I know it probably doesn't feel like that though! It's so excting!
P.S. I tagged you!