Saturday, September 15, 2007

Baby Shower

I posted these pictures yesterday but I just got the time to sit down and write about what they actually are. I was very lucky to have a beautiful baby shower thrown by my mother, my aunt Marcia, and David's girlfriend Kelly. The Carter family graciously let us use their backyard and we had a lovely garden party with 40 of our closest friends and family. I was delighted that Marcia and Grandma Waalkes could both fly out for the shower and to spend the weekend with mom and I. I forgot how much fun it is to sit around with our female relatives and a bowl of Peanut M&M's (that is, until Mom mixes them with the plain M&M's and Marcia refuses to eat them). We did miss Susan and her girls but we understood that watching BYU lose to UCLA was more important :) One of these days we are all going to get together for a weekend of doing nothing but eating and shopping- doesn't that sound delightful? Well, hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later...

This is David's cute girlfriend Kelly. She did all the baking for the shower, including...

... this adorable baby cake, it was the hit of the party! For those of you who don't know- LRD= Lincoln Richard Devlin

This picture doesn't really do it justice but the tables looked amazing thanks to my unbelievably creative Aunt! The centerpieces turned out great, I even got to keep one for Lincoln's bedroom. Thanks again to everyone and all their hard work, I had a great time and I finally feel like we are prepared for our new little boy!

7 comments:

Debbie Bond said...

Looking at the pictures of the shower reminds me of how much fun it was. And you got so many awesome presents. Wasn't it fun to have grandma and Aunt Marcia there.....

Christa said...

i a so glad that you finally posted some pictures from the shower. That cake is absolutely adorable!! How did she do that? I wish i could have been there, but we are looking forward to October!

lacey said...

I too echo how CUTE that cake is. I am glad you had so many people come and help you celebrate the soon arrival of Lincoln.

Chelsea said...

dont you remember how much i hate football? if i had known sooner i totally would have come. im glad you had a good time!

Melissa and Chad said...

What a cute shower! I am so glad you feel better prepared...you will have enough to worry about trust me!

Mandy said...

How fun! I can't believe how close you are! Get lots of rest...life will never be the same!!! But it is a good different! Ok I am a total spaz and lost your email address...I am going private and you have to be invited via email...mine is tinkbell5@msn.com....good luck with the next few weeks!

The Stokes said...

I know I'm late in commenting, but love that cake. How cute!