Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Day in the City with Auntie Brenna

We were so excited to have Brenna come out to Chicago to visit us for a couple days before we all packed up for our rode trip to Ohio. We decided to take a trip to the city to go to the Field Museum. Everything went smoothly until we got on the train to go home and realized that we only had enough money to pay for one ticket. Luckily, our conductor let it slide and Brenna and I rode for free (I figure our two years of Illinois taxes may have entilted me to two free tickets). It was fun but I had an epiphany that I would NEVER want to live in a big city- too many people and too much noise- I think I'm a country girl at heart (or at least a suburban girl :)

Lincoln's first train ride

The whole family on the trolley in the city

The Chicago Skyline

Brenna with Sue the T-Rex

Lincoln and Aunt Brenna with a giant ape

Leave it to Nate and Brenna to find an exhibit about the people of Clovis

Me and Brenna outside the museum

No comments: