Monday, April 5, 2010

Kites, Leprechauns, and Bunnies!!

We have had quite an eventful few months here in Clovis and I just finally got around to downloading all our pictures from the new camera to the computer. We had a great time when Aunt Hedder and Jordan came for a visit. The weather was great and Heather and Jordan took all the kids on a picnic at the park. They even surprised the kids with kites to fly and, of course, Jordan took amazing pictures of the whole outing...




For St. Patrick's Day we started with a breakfast of green applesauce and french toast and then we organized a Leprechaun Hunt with some good friends (I copied the idea from my uber creative cousin Lacey- gotta give credit where credit is due). The kids followed shamrocks around the yard and found little surprises that the leprechaun had left for them until they finally found his pot of gold! I think they had a great time and I enjoyed celebrating our kid's Irish heritage!




Easter was a little hectic this year but the kids had fun so that's all that matters. Lincoln woke up and found not only his easter basket but also his sisters (Reagan slept through all the excitement). We tried to scale back on the candy this year since the past few years we have had a ton of candy lying around for months afterward and who really needs that? After baskets we had brunch at the Devlin's, then a fabulous easter egg hunt at Carroll's dad's home, back home for whirlwind naps, and then back to the Stokes for dinner. We were all a little exhausted by the end of the day. I think Lincoln liked the egg dying the most- we almost didn't do it but I'm glad we pulled it out in the end (even if it was at 9pm the night before!)
My parents had a wonderful visit this past week, I will try to blog about all the fun we had before the end of the week!








3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Looks like so much fun! My mom was telling me over the weekend that our moms would decorate eggs when they were little. They would sit on the counter as decoration for a few days, then be put in their Easter baskets to be eaten. Its amazing they survived!

Debbie Bond said...

The pictures make me miss you all so much. It was so much fun getting reacquainted with Lincoln and Reagan. We really had a good time and came home very tired which is the sign of a good vacation. I am counting the days until June!!!

Kim said...

I don't think Nate would let you pass up one SINGLE thing when it comes to holidays. I think he still get just as excited for holidays now as he did when we were kids. so good thing you did the egg dying. Looking at the blog makes me miss everyone. Can't believe how grown up they're getting. And that I have yet to me little rea!!!