Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!!

Lincoln turned 1 this past Saturday and we were so excited to share his birthday with many of our friends and family. Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to attend his party! Especially my mother who flew all the way from Chicago for a whirlwind trip. We had too much fun shopping, cooking, and having sleepovers. So our baby is now a toddler and is doing so many fun things.
Lincoln can now:
- RUN, mostly away from me
- wave bye-bye
- give kisses, mostly open mouthed (we'll have to nip that in the bud before he starts dating)
- shake his head NO
- clap his hands when you say "YEA"
- get into everything!

So those are all his new tricks, don't expect to see them anytime soon though- he doesn't like an audience. We had a jungle party to celebrate his birthday and it turned out pretty well. Other than Mom and I buying WAY too much food and my minor panic attack when Lincoln fell and hit his head on cement 10 minutes before the party started!! Here are some pictures for those of you not lucky enough to be there in person :)

Another cake for one of my boys

Pre cake

Post cake

The Party Scene

4 comments:

Debbie Bond said...

Looking at the pictures reminded me of what fun it was - although so busy. I wished we could have spent some more quiet time together, but maybe sometime in the future. I LOVED your little house and the yard is just darling. It is all so cute!!! And my bubbie - don't get me started on how cute he is. Everyone enjoyed themselves very much. Maybe a girls weekend in Clovis in the near future....

Jen said...

Wow - I am impressed! Awesome job on the cake. It looks like alot of fun - wish we could have been there. Happy Birthday Lincoln! We love you!

Chelsea said...

The cake was so adorable! You need to post pictures of your cute little yard too!

Holly D. said...

I can't believe Lincoln is already one. It is amazing how those first few months adjusting to a newborn seem to be a lifetime and then bam, they are all grown up. Looks like fun - quite the party. Looks like Lincoln is a fan of cake :-)